This recipe for Steak Chili adds some much needed cholesterol-lowering fiber to your diet through kidney beans! Kidney beans are a superfood packed with fiber, protein, Vitamin B and nutrients to kickstart heart health.
And, this is a great way to share a REAL food recipe with family and friends on game night or cold winter days!
Tip: When using canned foods, make sure the cans are BPA-free.
- Dutch oven
- 2 lb grass-fed steak, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green chile pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cans (29 oz) organic diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) organic kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- In a Dutch oven over medium high heat, cook steak in hot oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the steak is browned on the outside.
- Add in the garlic, onion, and chile pepper.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and kidney beans.
- Stir well and turn the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and cook for 30 minutes.