Pumpkins contain the valuable orange nutrients alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, powerful anti-aging nutrients that protect against skin damage slowing the aging process. Fat-soluble carotenoids contained in pumpkin are needed to protect fatty areas in the skin, heart, eyes, brain, and liver.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Place the butter in a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the onion, curry powder, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, bay leaf, and nutmeg.
- Slowly whisk in the broth and allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for an additional 10 minutes.